We are hiring a full-time Community Manager
- Part-time Community Manager
- Contract position to start
- $25 CAD an hour
- Working on 2-3 projects
- Art & Narrative games
- Building a friendly, diverse, and kind community
We're looking for:
- Proactive, inclusive people
- Someone who is ready to lead a community
- Someone who fits in well with our collaborative, creative culture
- Someone who is willing to try new things (and learn from mistakes)
- Experience with video games & social media preferred (but not required!)
- The makers of GNOG, Lara Croft GO: The Mirror of Spirits, and Winding Worlds
- Making new and exciting things
- A 10-person studio
- Creative, experimental, respectful of each other
KO_OP is hiring a full-time Community Manager.
Strong preference for local candidates. Relocation budget available but must be able to legally work in Canada.
We're currently developing 2-3 projects at a time and are looking for a community manager to help manage and grow our small but lovely community. We're looking for someone who'd love the chance to be a part of a team making art- and narrative-driven games, and is interested in driving key PR and community-based decision making. We release games on many platforms, from mobile to console, with each requiring different community approaches.
We are looking for someone proactive about building community throughout the life cycles of all of our projects. You will be joining a progressive and socially conscious team who wants to foster a kind and inclusive community.
In this role you will:
- Foster a unique voice for the studio to stand out in the crowd
- Be in charge of content production for all social channels
- Be responsible for our small but sweet Discord community
- Tasked with coming up with strategies and ideas for community engagement
- Get to know each team and project and find ways to advise on PR for each game
The following points would make you a very strong candidate:
- A fan of video games
- Aware of game discourse and trends
- Experience with social media, particularly Twitter and Discord
- Friendly, kind-hearted attitude
- Excellent English writing skills
The latter is not a list of mandatory pre-requisites! We're invested in creating a respectful and positive space for people to learn, experiment, create, and be themselves. We're committed to providing a safe and encouraging environment with healthy work/life balance.
Apply here with your CV/Portfolio: Jobs Email
Unfortunately due to the large amount of emails we get, only finalists will be contacted.
About the Studio
KO_OP is a worker owned game studio founded in 2012. We believe in letting artists and designers drive our creative vision and are structured into small teams that each work on creative and challenging game projects that seek to express something new. Our studio values are built on trust, respect, friendship, and care.
We were recently profiled in an article that explains a lot of the studio's vision and we recommend reading to learn more. Check it out here.